April 29, 2011 at 05:00am CT
Thursday, April 28, 2011
So, as far as the William & Kate wedding, I will be watching, oh yes. She's got great style, and he (was) hot, when he still had hair, haha, kidding, kidding! But, being married to a prince makes up for it, .....right?? Anyways, if you plan on tuning in like me, here's a few places to watch coverage of the Royal affair..
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Ok, so I am a sefl-proclaimed shopping ninja; there isn't anythign I can't find on sale, or get a discount on. I love the three C's: Clearance, Close-Out & COUPONS!
I have found a few great sites to nap printable coupons, so I thought I'd share them!
All You is a great, $-saving magazine! And the website gives you daily freebies, coupons, samples & more! It's definitely worth checking out. It even prints the amount of coupons inside on the front cover - Nice!
I think I speak for all of us when I say ENOUGH ALREADY! I'm REALLY over the snow! Driving back from Green Door on Friday night and we get hit by a total white-out blizzard?? What is THAT?? I'm ready for some rain, and then some sunshine! Thanks to Mother Nature being a first-class, Grade-A B*tch, I now have to re-start all my garden seeds, and my flower bed! Did she ruin any of your starters? Ugh! I feel bad for anyone doing any kind out construction right now, inside OR out. What a mess! All those in fabor of summer hurrying up, say AYE!!
Thursday, March 3, 2011
So, I bought & ordered this absolutely killer pair of black leather boots (pictured) which were delivered to me yesterday.(I don't make my Hubby support my shoe habit, so he can't complain.) So, he recently graced our living room walls with YET ANOTHER dead animal. (Not that I'm not proud of him, but cripes, enough already!) I told him that if he insisted on filling the house with dead animals, I was going to fill it with LIVE ones. (good strategy, right??) As I sit admiring my new boots, which I considered wearing to bed, here is our convo; (..you'll laugh, trust me)
NIKKI: "So, now that you have another dead animal on the wall, I get a new live animal now."
JAKE: "You just got your 'sexy' boots that you bought."
NIKKI: "What does that have to do with it? You have 3 DEAD animals on the WALL."
JAKE: "Well, how many pairs of shoes do you have in the closet?"
NIKKI: "What does that matter? Should I start hanging my STILETTOS from the CEILING??"
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
I love me a good book. Who doesn't? I complied a new book list, so let me know if you've read any of these books, or have them that I could borrow. Anything you recommend? What's the last good read you found? ~Let me know!
P.S I Made This by Erica Domesek
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
The Power by Rhonda Byrne
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyers
Harry Potter (the last one) by J.K Rowling
Skinny Bitch by Freedman/Barnuion
The Zone Diet by Barry Sears
New DIY/Craft books ~ Any :)
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Sunday, January 16, 2011
When my little brother was potty-training, my mom would drop a Cheerio in the toilet so he could "practice his aim". I'm considering trying the same trick with my husband, because GOOD GRIEF! Are you guys even TRYING in there? Or is it some horrible fire-hose-like-scene that I dare not even try to imagine. SERIOUSLY, I'm not understanding the problem here, guys. You even have an 'aiming device' installed , and you can't hit that 12" hole? BUT YOU CAN WRITE YOUR NAME? Are you just standing back, and letting nature do the work? Does it BITE?? HOLD ONTO THAT THING, and AIM!!
..Or it's back to Cheerios.
So, I'm 'liquidating' some random items I have around my mini-mansion to fund my ZUMBA Instructor Training in February. Email, Call or FB me to buy any item. I accept Cash, Check, or PayPal. All items are as described, no returns (don't worry, I'm not selling you crap).
I have For Sale:
1 ~ PREVENTION Magazine Ultimate Walking Workout DVD, never viewed = $5
(See item description at: http://www.amazon.com/Prevention-Fitness-Systems-Ultimate-Walking/dp/B001TAOB3M
1 ~ Black Logitech USB Keyboard, Great condition, = $10
1 ~ Saw 3 DVD, great condition, (says nikki on DVD) = $5
1 ~ GE HDMI Cable, 6ft, opened, but never used = $10
1 ~ Chevy Corsica, 1991, would be a good work car, good runner, not a beauty queen, but not trashed, either. = Asking $400 /Make Offer
1 ~ Karate Kid DVD, new version, never viewed, cover has a slice in it from P.O, but DVD is fine. = $10
1 ~ iRiver H10 20g MP3 Player, Blue, with USB cable. This item has software issues, but physically is in great condition. Brand new, these babies still go for around $300+. You can see an item description at: http://www.pacificgeek.com/product.asp?c=226&s=1405&ID=89187&P=F
With the software issues (which can be fixed, btw), if you're interested, Make an Offer.
I will have more items, as the day & cleaning go on.. Any purchase helps me out!
THANKS in advance!
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Ok, everybody knows, I CANNOT say not to a cupcake- it is my kryptonite, my one true weakness. A cocktail is something I enjoy almost as much. Put them together, and what have you got? Frosted cocktail FUN! So, a boozy cupcake recipe is definitely for me, and hopefully, you'll enjoy, too!
Nikki's Boozy Cupcakes
Start with the basic cupcake and frosting recipes below, following the instructions for the alcoholic variation of your choice.
Step 1: Pour yourself a cocktail ;)
Simple Vanilla Cupcakes
~Makes 24 cupcakes
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups milk (whole)
Preheat the oven to 375°. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners and set aside. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy, about three minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the vanilla extract.
Add one-third of the flour mixture and beat to combine. Add half of the milk and beat to combine. Add another third of the flour, then the remaining milk, then the rest of the flour, beating to combine after each addition.
Divide the batter between the liners, filling each about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the cupcakes are golden-brown and spring back when pressed lightly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then frost with Simple Buttercream Frosting.
Simple Buttercream Frosting
~Makes enough frosting for 24 cupcakes
1 3/4 sticks unsalted butter, softened
6 to 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk (whole)
In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Add 6 cups of confectioners’ sugar, the vanilla, and the milk. Beat on low speed until creamy. Gradually add the remaining confectioners’ sugar, a little at a time, until the frosting is thick and creamy.
The Good Stuff AKA the Boozy Variations
1. Mint Julep Cupcakes: When preparing the cupcakes, reduce the vanilla extract to 1 teaspoon and add one teaspoon of bourbon. When preparing the frosting, reduce the milk to 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup of bourbon. Garnish with chopped fresh mint leaves.
2. Malibu Madness Cupcakes: When preparing the cupcakes, reduce the vanilla extract to 1 teaspoon and add one teaspoon of coconut rum. When preparing the frosting, reduce the milk to 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup of coconut rum. Top with shredded sweetened coconut.
3. Cosmo Cupcakes: When preparing the cupcakes, omit the vanilla extract and replace with 2 teaspoons of orange liqueur (like triple sec). When preparing the frosting, reduce the milk to 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup of cranberry flavored vodka and a dash of red food coloring. Put a pinch of freshly-grated lime zest on top.
4. Dark and Stormy Cupcakes: When preparing the cupcakes, add 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger with the flour. Reduce the vanilla extract to 1 teaspoon and add with 1 teaspoon of dark rum. When preparing the frosting, reduce the milk to 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup of dark rum. Add 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger. Garnish with lime zest.
5. Coffee Chocolate Cupcakes: When preparing the cupcakes, reduce the flour to 2 cups and add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. Reduce the vanilla to 1 teaspoon and add 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur. When preparing the frosting, reduce the milk to 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup of coffee liqueur. Decorate with chopped chocolate covered coffee beans.
6. Lemon Drop Cupcakes: When preparing the cupcakes, reduce the vanilla to 1 teaspoon and add 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 heaping tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest. When preparing the frosting, reduce the milk to 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup of limoncello or lemon-flavored vodka.
7. Sangria Cupcakes: When preparing the cupcakes, add 1 teaspoon cinnamon with the flour and 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest with the eggs. When preparing the frosting, reduce the milk to 1/4 cup and add 2 tablespoons of brandy, 2 tablespoons of fruity red wine, and a dash of red food coloring. Garnish with half a wheel of thinly sliced orange.
8. Cupcakes for Your Guy: When preparing the cupcakes, reduce the flour to 2 cups and add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. Reduce the vanilla extract to 1 teaspoon and add one teaspoon whiskey. When preparing the frosting, reduce the milk to 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup whiskey.
9. Berry Boozy Cupcakes: When preparing the cupcakes, after dividing the batter between the liners, spoon 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam in the center of each one. When preparing the frosting, reduce the milk to 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur. Top off each cupcake with a fresh raspberry.
Friday, January 14, 2011
Because it's Friday night, (and I'm actually home for once!) I thought I'd blog my recipe for Jello Shots! My favorite flavors are Strawberry Jello with lime vodka, or Peach Jello with Cherry vodka. What's YOUR fave? ~ Bottoms Up & Happy Friday!
■ 6 oz. vodka, flavored or not
■6 oz. water
■3 oz. Jello gelatin, any flavor
Imagine the slide of a semi-solid down your throat. (sounds terrible, I know!) Combine vodka and water in a saucepan and bring to boil. Stir in Jello. Let set in refrigerator. Choose the length of time you want it to set~ Longer equals firmer. (giggle giggle!) ~Bottoms up, Bottoms up!!
Mmm, how I love thee... Always a big hit, and they couldn't be simpler to make! So, for those of you 'salivating' over the picture of the ones I just made, here's the recipe for you!
~ Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Jalapenos ~
INGREDIENTS:■5-6 large jalapenos (when cut in half, makes about a dozen)
■1 pkg Cream Cheese (I use light.)
■1 package Bacon (Thin bacon gets nice & crispy for this recipe.)
Cut jalapenos in half and clean out. (If you like them hotter, you can leave some seeds.) Shove as much cream cheese as you can on that half and wrap with a slice of bacon. I try to cover the open end and the top really well so there is less cream cheese leakage. Stick with a toothpick, in from the top to bottom to hold bacon in place and prevent rolling up or falling off. Layer on baking sheet, or broiler pan. Cook in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or desired crispiness. Serve hot, and Enjoy!
Friday, January 7, 2011
Seriously, what's up with the resealable, ziploc-style top on bags of new socks?? This is necessary... To keep in that fresh new sock smell? Because I'm going to re-use that bag? With the pictures of socks on it?Because I have no dresser, so I store my socks in the bag they came in? Because when they smell, I like to lock-in the flavor? Because they actually mention on the package that it is resealable? Because... ???
Nope, I just don't get it. What do YOU think? Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy my new socks. (And that handy bag!!)
Stay Warm, it's cold out there!!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
I LOVE crafting & jewelry design, and I'm always looking to try something new. Lately, I've been crafting & designing some festive items, so be sure to look for my purple & green themed accessories for sale during the weekend of March 11-13th in Finland, MN during the St. Urhos celebration!
Don't forget to 'Like' on Facebook, where you can see some of my work, & if you like, Suggest to your Friends ~ Thanks!
dollhouse design jewelry & accessories
::dollhouse designs on facebook::